Thursday, August 14, 2008

An Ode to the Lobster Roll

Ah, lobster roll
How I do I love thee?
I pine for your tangy mayonnaise
Which I don't love normally

Each and every time I go
To a place that serves your fare
I don't bother with the rest of the menu
Just so long as you are there.

My absolutely favorite roll
Is in Kennebunkport, Maine
The Crab Shack is the proprietor
That puts all the rest to shame

The bun it is so crispy
Yet the innards are so soft
The lobster comes in big fat chunks
This roll it stands aloft

Though I love the Clam Shack
I live in another state
The Five Boroughs will have to suffice
To fulfill my lobster palate

Mermaid Inn, both uptown and down
Has one of the city's best
The crispy bay fries and brioche bun
Accompany the steamed underwater pest

However my true allegiance
Is towards Mary's Fish Camp
Her rolls are larger and juicier
The fries are far from damp

The ambiance is classic
The hustle and bustle crowd
I love inhaling this lobster roll
While I drink Anchor Steam down

The Lobster Roll is heaven
It's the definition of summer
Whenever I finish each Lobster Roll
I think to myself, "Bummer."

If you are ever craving
Something fresh and sweet
Something pure and simple
That doesn't mess with the meat

The lobster roll is your friend
It will be with you until its End
But when of course the end arrives,
You will be a little sad inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home