Thursday, August 14, 2008

How you feelin'? HOT HOT HOT!

A few weeks ago (the night of the Nike NYC Half Marathon to be precise) I went over to have dinner with my parents, Neil and Gery in Chelsea. My mother had made Kashmiri Lamb curry, something I've heard is so incredibly spicy that it's normally difficult to handle. I think my mom had heard about this and therefore toned down the chillies in the dish.

However, as we sat out in the garden, spooning lamb curry into our mouths, I thought I was going to die. It was H-O-T. At first, I touched the very tip of my tongue onto a fork that held a piece of lamb. And that hurt. I spooned in yogurt, filled half my bowl with rice, chugged water. Nothing. After about 15 minutes, I, along with my father, admitted defeat. I set my fork down and sheepishly handed my still full bowl to my brother, who ate it down, tears, literally, falling down his face. Rohit is always bragging about how he can take spices. I've seen him pop raw jalepenos in his mouth without flinching. Since he was sleeping early (you know, the whole 13 mile run thing), I had to bring him some for trial. And wouldn't you know- the next day, he was spooning it in his mouth after we saw Dark Knight, saying, "This isn't so bad. I mean, it's spicy, but it's not bad at all." Bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home