Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bistilla/Pastilla


The Moroccan delicacy isn't that difficult to make. In fact, I made it twice upon my return from Morocco, once with ground turkey and once with sliced chicken breast. But the dish is relatively easy, yet comparatively difficult. What does this mean? For me, the crust is the hardest part and I can never quite get the crust flaky and browned perfectly the way it's supposed to be. My mother, on the other hand, make a pastilla which had perfect crust, but the inside wasn't as flavorful as the one I had made with ground meat. The ground meat is key; sometimes they just tell you to slice it, but it really matters that the ground almonds, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and other goodies all mash together and become one harmoniously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home