Friday, January 09, 2009

What is the first thing you ate in the new year?

I ate khow suey. Rohit made it for us (Daniella, Will and me) when we got back from our midnight 4 mile run in 4 degree weather in Central Park. It was an excellent time, though my right hand was freezing cold and my already poor circulation didn't seem to be helping my blood flow. Rohit stayed behind to make us dinner- a khow suey with a coconut chicken curry, soba noodles and white rice, mashed egg, scallions, crispy ginger, crispy garlic, caramelized onions. It was incredibly warm and delicious and we were utterly grateful for hot food. Perhaps this will set the stage for me in the new year: that all my endeavors will be versatile, choosing from a range of different options, allowing me to call the shots. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and khow suey is just darn tasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home