Saturday, February 11, 2006

Pink and Red

To all you ladies out there who are single, who have boyfriends, who are married, who are in the midst of being married, there is a special evening out there for you. In fact, the requirements of this evening are simply that you are a woman, vivacious, talkative, and who lives to eat rather than eats to live. My friend Rupa constructed a Valentine's Party last year (this year being the second annual Pink and Red Party) where she cooked an absolute feast for about 10 of us greedy gourmets who chowed down buffet style at her place while cooking, getting our hands floury and minty smelling and just had a grand old time.
I was dressed down until I spilled my pomegranate mojito on myself and had to change into my reserve (RED) shirt in my bag.
The spread was phenomenal: The flirtinis were delicious, in line with Rupa's desire to have sweet cocktails. The attempt at making pomegranate mojitos didn't go over very well, but they were strong enough to take care of business.
Beet-goat cheese tart, more like souffle- SO light and flaky and airy and moist at the same time, pink shrimp ceviche with avocadoes, proscuitto with fig jelly and cheddar cheese (Like, WOW), a salad with (hand pounded!) beef carpaccio, arugula and parmesan reggiano...and that was just the first course. The second course was pork with sour cherry sauce, the potatoes from Alta (SO SO SO good...)- baby red potatoes with roast garlic and rosemary, creme fraiche - so crispy on the outside but melted in your mouth, and sweet potato gnocchi, which I personally hand rolled out after learning the artform at Sebastian's. What a lovely, lovely evening. I went home feeling incredibly fat and happy, could barely fit into my new jeans that Rupa bought me at Diesel and passed out like I hadn't slept in years. What a lovely tradition. I can't wait until next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home